Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reflection

Yesterday and today I got up and went for a bike ride down at the park behind the house. It was great getting out in the nice weather. Not sure if my gauge is right but it read between 75-80 degrees today. I road down past the ducks and geese that were meandering about. Even saw a couple of hot young guys out walking.

Scooby and I have been getting along good for the last couple of days also. He has some good qualities and I have to say that I have never gotten along better with another person in my life. Thats probably why I'm not ready to throw it all away. If he could just get a job and quit his occasional weekday binge drinking things would be perfect. But "perfect" is a fantasy word that doesn't exist in real life. Most of the people I know have relationship problems and if they don't then they're just real good at hiding it, or they're not together enough to have problems.

My friend Thurston has a good saying, "How can I miss you if you won't go away" and its totally true. If your away from your lover now and then I feel it helps the relationship, cuz you miss them. If your around each other constantly then you can get on each others nerves. I'm speaking long term here though, after the newness wears off. Scooby and I have been together for 11 yrs. I remember my mom saying at my parents 50th wedding anniversary, "It's along time to be with the same person" I think thats where I got my sarcastic sense of humor.

Most people don't get me, and I'm ok with that. Scooby on the other hand does get me and I value that. He only works four hours a week and I value those four hours to myself. I work 40 plus hours a week but I don't count that as time apart because I'm working. There's a difference, at least to me when it comes to free time apart and work time apart. That's probably why I'm anticipating my trip to San Francisco next month by myself because I need/deserve a break from my life.

But anyway thats it for now

No comments: