Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My San Francisco trip

My trip to California was fun. Thursday I went into the city and to hang out. I had lunch at Harvey's on Castro, great ceasar salad btw. Took pictures of the Castro theater and Twin Peaks (the bar), and several at Alamo Square Park.

Friday my friends took me up to Napa and Calistoga. We went to a spa and had volcanic mud baths. My assistant Sergio was a cutie. I soaked in the hot mud for about 25 min. then showered and was taken to the meditation room for a hot towel wrap. After my treatment I went back and swam in their pool for a bit before we took off for lunch. We then headed back and hit a couple of the wineries on the way home.

Saturday we went to Ikea and then to see "Iron Man" which totally rocked! Then Sunday we headed into the city and had excellent Mexican food and then headed to Dolores Park and hung out in the sun. The music was great and we found out before we left that it was the "Gay, Lesbian, Transgender picnic" going on in the park that day. My friends then took me around the city so I could take more pics.

Most of Monday I spent at Steamworks in Berkeley. Tuesday I went back to Steamworks but it was less then eventful so I headed into the city around 3pm for a late lunch. The Deli we tried to go to on Sunday was open this time so I stopped and grabbed some grub and headed back to Dolores Park and sat and ate my lunch.

That was about it. Had a great visit with my friends.

Got back to find out that one of our friends has become paralized while I was gone. He's in his late 20's and just lost complete use of his legs. The Doctors discoved that he had a surge of enzymes in his body that was distroying his muscles. Apparently you usually have around 100 enzymes and his body had like 9,000. They stabilized him and got his enzyme level down, and he is now able to walk with a cane. He still doesn't have any feeling in his feet, and when I called today it sounded as if he was going back in the hospital. To add insult to injury, while he was in the hospital his bf left him........for his exbf. We had him over this weekend and took him to the flea market and tried to get his mind off his troubles. I hope it worked at least a bit, cuz I'm very worried about him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are back and that you had a good time, Sorry about your friend.

LOVE
BIGmomma

Homer said...

I'm glad you had a nice time. I hope your friend gets better quick.