Friday, May 25, 2007

I can't remember

Last night only got worse. People worked late in my building and there was a constant flow in and out of the lunch room. So I decided against eating my lettuce w/ tomato's that was in the fridge. Plus since thats all I eat Mon.-Thurs. week after week, month after month its getting a bit tiring. I had some spare change and decided to hit the drive thru at Taco Bell and grab a soft taco for dinner instead, can't beat it for 89 cents. I got there and went to order but for the life of me couldn't remember the word "taco". It went something like this.

Speaker: Hi may I take your order
Me: Yes I'll have one soft burrito please
Speaker: What kind sir?
Me: You know the soft kind, opposite of the hard shell kind
Speaker: Sir they're all soft and we have a big variety
Me: Just give me the cheapest one then. (I only had a dollar in change)
Speaker: The bean burrito then
Me: No I'd like meat in it.
Speaker: One burrito supreme, that will be 3.50.
Me: Oh forget it!

Then I backed out of the drive thru and went back to my building, about half way back I remembered the word "Taco". FUCK! Needless to say I was too pissed off/flustered and embaressed to go back so I skipped dinner last night.

2 comments:

Homer said...

Mike, the same thing is happening to me too. I can't remember what I told people in conversations I had ten minutes ago. I asked another friend my age, and the same thing is going on with him!

Bigg said...

Whew, I thought it was just me!