Friday, July 25, 2008

Attack of the 3ft. pencil

About a week and a half ago I was at work dusting offices. I was dusting the lady's office that is in charge of our health insurance and on top of a file cabinet she has a decorative 3 ft. pencil. I picked the dam thing up to dust under it and the klutz that I am fumbled it and the lead/graphite end stabbed me in the middle finger right on the edge where nail meets skin. At the time I didn't think much of it.

Then it never healed and became kinda swollen, its been very painful ever since and last week it started to ooz puss. Nice, I now. It then started to worry me so last week while I was at work I decided to go to Urgent Care, only to find out they were already closed. After some online research, I found that if not taken care of I might loose my finger so I went back to Urgent Care tonight. I was reluctant at first cuz I didn't want them to have to cut it open or anything since it was already very painful. It ended up they didn't have to do anything but perscribe me some antibiotics which ended up being free at the local Meijer's. YAY Oh and the Dr. and Nurse got a real big kick that it was a 3 ft. pencil.

Other than that I've been practicing my skills on my scooter and decided to try and do the test again in the next week or so once I master the course. I plan on spending Sunday at the course doing it over and over till I get it right. It helps that one of my friends used to be a motorcycle daredevil and he's helping me out.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

No comments: