Tuesday, August 24, 2004

My fathers birthday party luncheon went ok, we had about 24 people altogether. I've been kind of down since then and I'm guessing that it was probably because of the party. I'm sure it's because I'm to sensitive but it kind of bugged me that none of my nieces and nephews children didn't bother to say hello to me. But then again when I was a teen I didn't want to talk to adults either.

My oldest (religious) sister and I didn't say anything to each other until we were in the parking lot when we were all leaving, but we did give each other a light hug and said goodbye. Didn't say or hear a hello or goodbye from her husband who is a Baptist minister either but that's no surprise since I'm a going to hell sinner. I gave my dad a card that said, "Inside every old person is a young person" and on the inside it read "Wondering what the Hell happened". I noticed that after he opened it and read it he hid it under his other cards instead of passing it around. I'm sure it was because he didn't want to offend my brother inlaw with the word Hell.

My one niece who's only a couple of years older than me, and who I was very close to as a kid, sat across the table from me and that was fun. She flew in from down south. I teased her about becoming a Grandma and we talked and laughed about how we used to swim in the ditch out in front of their house in Louisville when we were kids. I miss those days, before my sister and her husband found the Baptist religion.

No comments: