Friday, October 22, 2004

Pre Halloween party planning

I got home last night to no Scooby. He had left a message on the answering machine telling me he was at Joe's decorating for the party and to call or come over when I got home. So I changed out of my uniform and headed to Liberty Party store for a 40 ouncer and then headed to Joe's. I know Scooby to well, so when I got on the front porch I investigated before going any further. Sure enough I found fishing line going from the top of the storm door to the light on the porch ceiling and at the end of the line was a rubber spider. I open the storm door, the spider comes down from his perch on the light fixture and would have landed right on my head had I not been wise to it. I love Halloween...

By the time I got there almost all the decorations had been set up. Spider webs and black lights everywhere and a big pot on Joe's old stove with a foggy substance bubbling over the rim. When you shut the bathroom door downstairs another spider descends in the foyer to land on unsuspecting guests. Let me just say that Joe has the perfect house for a Halloween party it's really old and he collects practically anything that is old so his house is full of antiques and such, including an old pink dental exam chair that looks like a big tongue that sits in the living room. His place reminds me of a restaurant/bar in Tucson that my parents used to take me to called "The Bum Steer". It was this large barn type building packed full of memorabilia and junk and everytime we went I'd see something that I had overlooked or missed on our last visit.

Joe starts chanting "More spiders, more spiders!" Then attention goes to this old phone that he has that has a crank on the face where the numbers should be. It's not hooked up to anything but if you hold both of the wires and someone cranks the crank you get an electric shock. I forgot to mention that Jimmy was there also and was sitting on the floor in the dining room holding the wires as Scooby cranked the phone giving him little jolts and making him cackle like Uncle Fester. We then headed to the cellar to try and make wider paths through the maze of junk so guests don't trip when trying to get to the ping pong table in the very back.

We will probably go over again tonight to hang more spiders. I don't want to stay to late though cuz I got me a bj date tomorrow morning. Did I also mention that I love neg guys, who love poz guys who swallow. LOL

No comments: