Friday, November 05, 2004

Tomorrow is another day

It's been raining since Tuesday here which was fine by me cuz it fit my gloomy mood. I replaced my Kerry bumper sticker in the back window of my car with my favorite "Born Again VooDooist" bumper sticker, this normally keeps the asshole's that cross my path out of my face. Then today the sun came out and I embraced it as new day and the end of my gloom and manic period. When I'm down I sometimes play Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream because it reminds me of a man/boy that I was seriously infatuated with who stomped on my heart about a decade ago, but I'll save that story for another time. Anyhoo I took that cd out of my player in my car and put in my REM Eponomous cd, this always cheers me up.

This week was payweek for me and I ended up getting some extra money due to my mileage check for October. Ahh another thing to be happy about. So I decided to treat myself and go get one of those fancy coffee drinks downtown after I got done cleaning windows at the Gallery. I got there and ordered my double cafe mocha and heard this one woman say to another woman, "I got really militant about the election this year and it felt really good". Ok... my first thought was, "oh man, please not a fuckin' Republican". Then to my surprise she said, "My daughter asked if we could please move to England" and then the other women jokingly said, "We can't go to Canada, they've closed their borders because of all the hordes of people fleeing the U.S.".

Then the three of us looked at each other and laughed, and I went on my way. OMG there are some good people in Midland after all, and I'm so glad that I was there to witness it cuz it really made my day.

With a double cafe mocha and two marinol coursing through me I'm driving in my car singing:
"It's thee end of the world as we know it"
"It's thee end of the world as we know it"
"It's thee end of the world as we know it"
"and I feel fine"
....REM

No comments: