Saturday, June 04, 2005

Dawn Donuts


Dawn Donuts, Saginaw, MI Posted by Hello

Here's a pic of an old local donut shop Dawn Donuts. When I was a kid this was the place to get donuts. There were several locations in the tri-city area but I believe there are only two or three left. Slowly being pushed aside by "Dunkin Donuts" but Dunkin is going to have a run for their money cuz I hear we might be getting a "Krispy Kreme". Nothing beats the Dawn Donuts sign though, I loved the little baker dude. They don't make classic signs like this anymore.

3 comments:

Homer said...

I like hometown donuts the best.

Will said...

I've had Krispy Kreme and unless you get them hot out of the cooker, they're pretty bad. Small donut shops are the best.

Anonymous said...

The entire Dawn chain was sold to Dunkin at some point in the 1990s. I ended up here looking for a photo like this as I was doing some reminiscing. Thanks for sharing it.