Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Growing (older) Pains

I remember my sister telling me a story about my father and how he sneezed and threw his back out. My parents have/had always been dramatic sneezers. One time when I was a kid and we were living in a mobile home park out in Tucson, my mom sneezed so loud inside our trailer that the neighbors next door yelled, "GOD BLESS YOU" from inside their home.

Anyway, where was I. Oh yeah I threw my back out today. It's probably not considered threw out when its just an extremely tight muscle. Knotted up enough to bounce a quarter of off, right below my left shoulder blade. Man it fuckin hurts. But no I didn't do it by sneezing like my father. I did it by looking out the window, folks. Ok I may have twisted to look out the window. To look out a fucking window.... I shouldn't be in this much pain. Getting old, it ain't for sissies. Didn't Bette Davis say that?

I found a guy in the phone book that is a CMT on the other side of town. I'm definitely going to be calling him tomorrow. There is a massage therapist only a couple of blocks away, but its a woman, and if I gotta pay someone for a massage I'd rather have a guy feeling me up. I hope he's cute....

No comments: