Sunday, October 09, 2005

Poison Drama

Went to work Friday and they had the back dock door open with a large flatbed truck just outside the door....running. As soon as I walked into the 8 x 14 enclosed area near the dock I got hit by the smell of exhaust fumes. I tried to escape the fumes but they were loading shit up and there wasn't anyplace to go. Plus I had to punch in, but couldn't until 2:53, and it was only 2:40. I normally try to stick around near the timeclock or else I'll forget to punch in.

By the time I was able to punch in and leave to go cash my check I wasn't feeling very good. I started to develop a migraine and was dizzy, sluggish, nauseated and couldn't think worth a shit. I first thought that if I just spend some time outside that I'd start to feel better but after an unsettling drive to the bank I decided I should go to the urgent care center.

I got there and after telling them my problem they told me they couldn't do anything for carbon monoxide poisoning, that I needed to call my employer and then immediately go to the emergency room. Called and confirmed my circumstances to my boss. Then headed for emergency. Apparently carbon monoxide poisoning is some serious shit considering that when I got there and they immediately stuck me in a wheelchair and sped me off to a room, without even signing in or anything. They hooked me up to oxygen for about an hour, took some blood to check my carbon monoxide levels. After the levels started to decrease they release me and told me to go home and rest.

That was the beginning of my weekend....How was yours?

I'm feeling much better now. Today I will probably work on our fence on the side of the house. We're extending it two more sections to expand the side yard. By doing this we'll be able to look out the one window in our computer room to a fenced in garden area instead of looking out and seeing traffic. Also we're decorating for Halloween. We've decided to have a Halloween party and we're turning our old house into a creepy spook house. God I love Halloween....

I also want to thank "D" for the email I'm glad that this blog has helped you see that being HIV doesn't mean that your sex life is over. I thought the same thing myself when I became poz. Now I'm having hot rauchy sex with all kinds of poz guys, and living out my sexual fantasy's to the fullest. I tried to email you back but it kept coming back as undeliverable. Anyway, thanks and take care...

6 comments:

mark said...

Glad you're ok now.

And having tons of sex. ;)

Homer said...

Oh Mouse, you are the hottest guy I've ever known to get carbon monoxide poisoning! What are you going to dress up as for Halloween?

Thom said...

That's kind of scary, the carbon monoxide thing. Glad that you recovered quickly!

Michael said...

Thanks guys.

As for a costume for Halloween, I have no idea as of yet. The only thing I do know is I must wear my scary contacts.

Will said...

Mouse, glad you're OK--CO is bad stuff.

You posted a Halloween photo of yourself last year with your scary teeth--what do the scary contacts do?

Michael said...

I was wearing the contacts in last Halloween's pic. They cover up the color in my eyes so all you see are my pupils.